As 2016 draws to a close, we’re all thinking of what we’ll do in 2017, whether it’s changing direction, building on our successes, or setting new goals. Here are 10 things uniform retailers can do in 2017.
- Make a resolution to learn some new skills. Research new products and resolve to become an expert in one or more of them. Improve your knowledge and understanding by taking a few online classes. Never stop learning.
- Don’t set just one or two goals for the entire year. Set quarterly goals, and attach specific deadlines to specific goals. Setting your goal for “sometime in the new year” is too vague. Hold yourself accountable and don’t allow yourself to procrastinate.
- Do some spring cleaning. Update your inventory counts and analyze what needs to go. Consider a special promotion or clearance sale to remove the clutter.
- Shed a few pounds. Chances are that you have a stack of one or two products that are just not moving. Don’t let it sit there, continuing to take up valuable space and collect dust. Offer discounts to move it off the shelf.
- Get a makeover. Maybe your branding strategy needs a facelift. Could you use a new logo? Is your marketing material up to date? Take a look at your website and consider whether it could use a redesign. Is it cluttered? Boring? Difficult to navigate? Perhaps you can change up the colors and the layout, and incorporate a “grand re-launch” of your website as part of your marketing strategy to start 2017.
- Boost your confidence. Ask your customers for online reviews. Make it easy for them by including a link on your website, sending a link in an email, or offering an incentive.
- Work the camera. Update the images on your website and social media pages.
- Be social. Social media is here to stay, and that’s where your customers are, so you need to be there, too. Take the time to understand which social media platforms are best for connecting with your target audience and develop a social media strategy. If a potential customer goes to your Facebook page and sees that your last post was three weeks ago, that can make a negative impression. Post on a regular schedule and provide useful content that will help position your company as an authority and leader in your industry.
- Make new friends. Dust off last year’s list of leads and reach out to them, perhaps for the first time, or perhaps to reconnect. Chances are you will end up with some potential new relationships or customers.
- Finally, break out of the Ice Age and join the digital revolution. People want to shop online these days, whether they’re buying supplies for the family pet or making purchases for their company. Find out how an integrated e-commerce solution can help your business thrive in 2017.
The start of a new year is always an exciting time. Resolve to have your best year yet by committing to these 2017 resolutions for your uniform store.